Meet the Elekta Agility™
Elekta Agility is an advanced technology that delivers a specialized form of radiation therapy. Capable of “shaping” the radiation beams delivered during treatment, Elekta Agility allows our clinical experts to vary the beam size and treat a larger variety of tumors throughout the body.
During Elekta Agility procedures, patients lie on a treatment table while the machine rotates around them, delivering high doses of radiation aimed directly at their tumor and sculpted to match the 3D shape of the tumor. The cumulative dose of radiation delivered by the Elekta Agility kills tumor cells while minimizing exposure to surrounding healthy tissue.
Most treatment sessions typically last 15 – 20 minutes depending on the size, shape and location of the tumor. These sessions last about one-third of the time that previous machines took to deliver the same dose of radiation, offering improved patient comfort and improved safety.
- Painless Treatment
- Few to No Side Effects
- Outpatient Procedure Lasting 10-15 Minutes Daily
- Minimal to No Recovery Time
- Return to Your Normal Activities Following Treatment
Our Radiation Therapy Treatments:
- External beam radiation therapy (EBRT)
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- 3-D conformal therapy
- Image guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)