Anna Jaques Hospital and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center recently collaborated together to open the Thoracic Clinic at Anna Jaques Cancer Center, affiliated with BIDMC. The clinic delivers the advanced care you’d expect from a major Boston medical center, with a convenient, personalized approach right here in your community.
Thoracic diseases are those that affect the organs in the chest – including the lungs, esophagus and heart. The thoracic experts at the Thoracic Clinic at Anna Jaques Cancer Center specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions that affect breathing, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and emphysema, as well as lung cancer and other complex airways diseases. They will treat both cancerous and non-cancerous conditions of the esophagus, and offer care for patients experiencing symptoms such as heartburn, acid reflux or difficulty swallowing, often the result of esophageal disease.
Clinic services include:
– Screening, diagnosis and staging for cancers of the lung and esophagus
– Pleural Disease (conditions affecting the lining of the chest cavity), such as effusions or masses
– Advanced care for complex airway diseases
– Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) treatment
– Emphysema treatment
– Benign esophageal disease, such as heartburn, hiatal hernia and achalasia
– Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) treatment
The Thoracic Clinic is located in the Anna Jaques Cancer Center at One Wallace Bashaw Jr. Way, Suite 2001, in Newburyport. For more information, or to make an appointment, please call 978-463-1374.